Info from league

Below is an update from the league. We are going to postpone registration until April 20 and are going to have to reschedule the parent meeting.

Please share the following information with your team parents. As you are have heard: People do not dictate the course of this virus, rather the virus does. What people are doing to help curb its growth is important--safety first. We stay the course of being cautiously optimistic while asking teams to be flexible and patient regarding what the 2020 season may/will look like. This changes from day to day, week to week, and perhaps month to month. As of today the following was agreed to by the MSSL Executive Board Members:

  • The season is pushed back to tentatively begin in late May or early June in order to get insurance in place AND if pools are reopened.
  • Plan to run 3-4 weeks of practices and as many meets as possible.
  • Dual/tri meet schedule may change depending upon which teams are willing to participate in meets this summer.
  • Most likely the 2020 division championship and all star meets will be cancelled
  • Clinic dates & location may need to change depending upon availability of a facility & clinicians' schedules. The first Scorekeeper's clinic in late April is cancelled and will be rescheduled for a later date.
  • Insurance levels may differ from previous seasons and will depend upon participation with meets or just team practices and stroke instruction at your pool and not competing this summer in dual meets
  • Date which the Swimtopia 2020 website fee is due to the league is June 1st. Donna will email team invoice notices NLT May 1st once we make the final decision regarding the 2020 swim season.
  • Updates from the MSSL Executive Board will be sent to all teams on April 15th and May 1st.
  • The definitive MSSL Executive Board's decision regarding the 2020 MSSL season to be made and reported to all league teams on May 1st.


Add Snippet